Half Moon Bay Colony Club
New Junior Program 31-Jan-2012 The Half Moon Bay Colony Club announces new junior program for winter 2012!..
|READ THE LASTEST BLOG:
Post a Comment
- Click on an event to view the details and sign up.
- No events found.
- Half Hour Private Lesson - Members $40 - Non-Memebers and Hotel Guests $45
- One Hour Private Lesson - Members $70 - Non-Memebers and Hotel Guests $80
- One Hour Semi-Private Lesson - Add $10 per person
- Lesson Package - 5 Lessons $335 (Save $15) - Members Only
- Lesson Package - 10 Lessons $650 (Save $50) - Members Only
- Adult Clinic - 1 hour - Members $20 - Non-Memebers and Hotel Guests $25
- Little Stars - Ages 4-6 - Wednesdays 3:15pm - 4:00pm Jan 4-Mar 28
- Rising Stars - Ages 7-9 - Wednesdays 4:00pm - 5:00pm Jan 4-Mar 28
- Super Stars - Ages 10 & Up - Thursdays 4:30pm - 6:00pm Jan 9-Mar 26
- Tournament Juniors - Invitation Only - Thursdays 4:30pm - 6:00pm Jan 5-Mar 29
- Registration for all of the above programs is limited - 12 students per class.
- Rules and Regulations are subject to change at any time by the management of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay.
- Court reservations may be made Monday-Friday 6:00am-9:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 7:00am-8:00pm. Reservations may be made at the Colony Club front desk or by calling (650) 712-7868. No standing reservations will be accepted. The names of all players are required for court reservations.
- Court reservations may be made seven (7) days in advance. Members may book only one court per reservation. No back-to-back bookings will be permitted by the same players. Reservations may be at a maximum of 90 minutes for singles play and 120 minutes for doubles play. Upon completion of your reserved court time, you are welcome to continue playing if the court is still available.
- Members must check in and register at the Colony Club up to ten (10) minutes after the start of their scheduled time or the court will be released to the first name on the waiting list. Court reservations should be cancelled at least two (2) hours ahead of the scheduled time to avoid a charge of $20.
- At the end of their reservation time, members must promptly relinquish their court to the next member assigned to that court. All players are responsible for the cleanliness of their court, during and after play. Once the member is off the court, he or she may sign-up for the next available court time.
- The ball machine may be reserved at any time (for use on courts 1 or 3 only) for up to 90 minutes. Players who are sixteen (16) years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times while using the ball machine.
- In order to keep the court conditions and playing atmosphere appropriate for tennis, thank you for adhering to standard etiquette and strictly avoiding the use of the following: cutoff shorts or t-shirts, revealing or otherwise inappropriate clothing, shoes with marking soles, skateboards, bicycles, glassware, pets, rollerblades, roller skates, excessive noise, profanity or inappropriate behavior.
- All players ten (10) years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All borrowed equipment must be checked-in and checked-out appropriately through the Colony Club.
- Use of the tennis courts shall be subject to the control of the Tennis Director at all times. Courts may be closed when necessary for maintenance or when dictated by safety considerations such as adverse or anticipated weather conditions. The Tennis Director may reserve the courts in advance for special events and tournaments.
- A guest may visit up to a total of ten (10) times per calendar year. Each member is responsible for checking in his/her guest at the Colony Club prior to going on court.
- Members are allowed one (1) complimentary guest per month. Guests will be charged a fee of $10 for both singles and doubles play.
- Only the tennis professionals contracted by The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay are permitted to teach on The Colony Club’s tennis courts.
Kevin Harrington Director of Tennis. Kevin is a born and raised Half Moon Bay local. Having spent a majority of his tennis playing career at the Colony Club, Kevin has been an active ambassador for the local tennis playing community as well as serving visitors to The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. Kevin has been a tennis professional with Peter Burwash International (PBI) for seven years and was recently recognized as “Most Improved Professional”, a distinguished honor by a company that employs hundreds of tennis professionals around the world. Since joining PBI in 2005 Kevin has held visiting professional duties in the Bahamas, US Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Austria, Georgia, Florida, Palm Desert and Carmel Valley, CA.
Kevin attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on a baseball scholarship. As a member of the Cornhusker baseball team he earned several accolades including being voted team captain his senior year. After graduation, Kevin moved back to the coastside where he dedicated his time and athletic abilities to improving his tennis game. Outside of tennis Kevin spends his free time with his wife Kim, his twin sons Ryan and Liam and daughter Chloe.